collapse

Для создания НОВОГО ПОСТА, необходимо выбрать нужный раздел ФОРУМА и создать в нем НОВУЮ ТЕМУ. Если вы новый пользователь, то вам нужно ЗАРЕГИСТРИРОВАТЬСЯ на форуме

Автор Тема: A Russian Girl and the Mini Transat 2019  (Прочитано 1283 раз)

Оффлайн bigbird

• Глобальный модератор
  • Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
    • Яхтинг от и до. Справочный портал
A Russian Girl and the Mini Transat 2019
« : 07.06.2019, 22:45:40 »

Hey hey! My name is Ira, I am 35 years old and I am from St. Petersburg.

I am one of those who decided to change their lives and fulfill the dream.

My dream is to across entire Atlantic Ocean in the Mini Transat solo sailing race in 2019.

This race is a challenge for me! Crossing Atlantic - is what every sailor aspires to. Going for it alone is a challenge not only to yourself, but also to the Ocean.

It so happened that in the 40-year history of the race I would be the first Russian woman who will risk to take this start. This is a great joy, and a big responsibility.

A bit about me:

Sailing from age of 12

Done famous races such as Rolex Fastnet Race, Rolex Middle Sea Race

Rounded Cape Horn in 2015 with an international sailing expedition

Set the Transatlantic world speed record Bermuda to Plymouth in 2017 on Class 40 boat

Since 2017 participates in double-handed racing in Russia and Europe

Since 2018 solo ocean sailor in France, class Mini 6.5

Ice-yacht pilot, DN class

Freelance reporter and author of the articles about ocean races for Yacht Russia magazine

Russian Sailor of the Year 2017

My boat:

official name : CACHAÇA

fleet : serial

design : MANUARD TIP-TOP

year : 2005

national flag : RUS

home port : Saint-Petersburg

passed Mini-Transat : 2

The Mini-Transat race was created in 1977 by sailor Bob Salmon in  the UK.

The race takes place every two years nowadays. It starts in France and ends in the Caribbean with an intermediate finish in the Canary Islands.

More than 4,000 miles and about a month, face to face with the Ocean, on yachts only 6.5 meters long!

The Mini-Transat feature is the absence of any connection between sailor and anyone on the shore. It is this isolation for many-many days that made this spectacular race world famous.

More than 80 skippers from many countries regularly challenge Nature and  themselves. People of all ages, social classes and with different maritime experiences come annually to the Class Mini circuit to make their dreams come true, to touch this lifestyle of high achievements, to start a new way as a professional racer.

First of all, skippers must be good navigators, but not only this: they must be also well versed in meteorology and be able to prepare the yacht technically. They must be strong and endurant. In Mini-Transat race they will sleep no more than 20 minutes in a row for dozens of days.

Race starts: 22 of September 2019

Total distance: 4050 nm

Rout: La-Rochelle - Las-Palmas - Martinique

Number of crew: 1 (solo)

Class Mini 6.5 boats are real little “rockets” capable to overcome large, in comparison with their size, distances.

Only 6.5 meters long, and what a courage!

The pinnacle for the class racing is MINI-TRANSAT race.

Yes! On such a little yacht alone across the Ocean.

The main idea of the class is a high-level amateur sport and high achievements.

The emphasis is primarily on the ability of sailor to work with sails, independently analyze weather, navigate with a minimum number of technical devices. So, while racing, any chart plotters are prohibited, as well as any equipment capable of analyzing the forecast and automatically recommending courses.

Any connection with the shore is prohibited, including the usage of the satellite phones.

My schedule and my achievements:

I am going my way to Mini Transat during 2 years so far.

But it's not so easy! No more than 84 participants can be allowed to participate in the race, and a real battle has unfolded for this opportunity! To get opportunity to apply for transatlantic race, I had to go through a series of proving her intention by qualifying races and to gain so much-needed practice in the severe Biscay and Atlantic. During the 2018 season, all qualifications were successfully passed and I  was registered as an official participant of the Mini-Transat at number RUS 579!

A lot has already been done, but a little bit still left!

o get to the start on September 22, 2019, in order to go through the race as quickly and safely as possible, I need to upgrade some equipment on my yacht, and gain more experience in qualifying races. I rely on serious preparation. That's what I need your help for. I want to update:

- Jib

- small spinnaker - A5

- electronic sensors to ensure the correct operation of the autopilot

- electricity supply system (solar panels + fuel cell service and purchase of methanol for it)

- some rescue and navigation equipment

- to pay regattas entry fees

You can become part of my project - join me!

Follow my project in social networks:

Facebook

Instagram

ВКонтакте

via

* Интересно почитать

* Поиск по сайту

* Последние сообщения

topic Яхтсмен Виталий Елагин вышел на связь спустя восемь дней после исчезновения
[Машинный телеграф]
grebenshch
27.03.2024, 18:07:12
topic Механика движения комет
[Погода]
Fermer
24.03.2024, 10:35:22
topic Грустная история косатки, которая помогала китобоям: верования народа тауа
[Машинный телеграф]
grebenshch
23.03.2024, 00:02:36
topic В Колумбии поднимут затонувший корабль XVIII века с сокровищами на $17 млрд
[География]
grebenshch
20.03.2024, 00:29:46
topic Вакансия дня: счетовод пингвинов в Антарктиде
[Машинный телеграф]
grebenshch
20.03.2024, 00:21:11
topic «Секс-плот» — антрополог хотел доказать жестокость людей, но не смог
[Машинный телеграф]
grebenshch
20.03.2024, 00:16:04
topic Редакционная статья яхтенного дизайнера Chuck Paine (США)
[Машинный телеграф]
grebenshch
16.03.2024, 21:48:13
topic Грузовой корабль улавливает и перерабатывает свои выбросы углекислого газа
[Техника]
grebenshch
16.03.2024, 19:26:43
topic Самый дорогой подводный отель в мире с рыбами, плавающими вокруг вашей кровати
[Машинный телеграф]
grebenshch
16.03.2024, 16:17:18
topic Морские подковы
[Машинный телеграф]
grebenshch
16.03.2024, 15:42:08
topic Как поделили океан
[История]
grebenshch
16.03.2024, 15:36:47
topic Dufour 44: новое решение