collapse

Для создания НОВОГО ПОСТА, необходимо выбрать нужный раздел ФОРУМА и создать в нем НОВУЮ ТЕМУ. Если вы новый пользователь, то вам нужно ЗАРЕГИСТРИРОВАТЬСЯ на форуме

Автор Тема: Moonshot I: the water heater of the future  (Прочитано 1338 раз)

Оффлайн Craus

• Ветеран
    • Просмотр профиля
Moonshot I: the water heater of the future
« : 30.12.2021, 21:57:27 »

Just the other day, the concept of a very unusual foiler Moonshot I from Syroco was presented. The main feature will be a sail that looks more like a kite and one single hydrofoil.

With an eye on the large number of new projects, it seems that hydrofoiling is experiencing a rebirth. Now this is not just fun at times - more and more people do not mind having a small foiler as an addition to their main yacht.

This is exactly how the Moonshot I is positioned - a small hydrofoil boat that will become an indispensable assistant on short and fast travels.

Moonshot I Future Records

The creators of this pod (also called a kite pod) want to make more than just a boat of the future. Syroco is also committed to breaking speed and sustainability records. So, in press releases it is reported that the boat will develop from 80 to 92 miles per hour.

Yes, if you compare it with an airplane, other yachts or even a car, this is not so much. But don't forget that this kite-pod only moves with the power of the wind.

Recall that the current record holder is Paul Larsen. He took a speed of 55.32 knots (63.7 mph) on his vessel Vestas Sailrocket 2 on November 24, 2012.

Features of Moonshot I

The main feature of any foiler is “flight” over the water surface with support on the wing or wings. The very same kite-pod Moonshot I is an ellipsoid capsule on one wing.

This wing, contrary to the classic idea of foilers, is only one and is located at an angle to the body. The foiler is set in motion by a "kite" - the only large sail.

Of the control features, it should be noted that it is necessary to control both the wing and the sail. If in conventional hydrofoils direct wing control is not available, then everything is different.

Unexpected difficulties

The main obstacle, however, faced by the designers is cavitation. With the loads that the wing receives, cavitation is inevitable and cannot but affect the condition of the wing.

According to the chief designers, the decision was made to take advantage of this physical process. That is, thanks to scientific research, it is known that in addition to the negative effect, cavitation also releases a large amount of energy that can be used.

The result of the work of the designers and designers is the wing, which easily transfers cavitation loads with the least damage. This became possible thanks to "supercavitation" - frictionless cavitation.

Syroco's next step will be to introduce this technology into commercial shipping.

Waiting for the miracle Moonshot I

It will take the Moonshot I almost a year to break the new speed record. During this time, the designers will perfect the kite-pod and go out to sea. Syroco now has three RC models in different sizes. One of the models of almost the full size of the future kite-pod.

The developers assure that as soon as they achieve the desired results on the models, then commercial production will be “just around the corner”.

By the way, the team will conduct their tests near Marseille, France. The company is also based there.

Source
« Последнее редактирование: 31.12.2021, 00:37:51 от bigbird »

* Интересно почитать

* Поиск по сайту

* Двигатель торговли

* Активные авторы

Craus Craus
4006 Сообщений
bigbird bigbird
2971 Сообщений
grebenshch
580 Сообщений